Art & Design: Textiles - A Level
The results in A Level Art Textiles are exceptional! This specification is designed to encourage candidates to explore a range of 2 or 3 dimensional approaches to their studies and extend their own ways of seeing the world.
- Record observations, ideas, information and insights appropriate to intentions.
- Use art, design and textiles techniques to record observations, ideas, information and insights appropriate to intentions.
- Analyse and artistically evaluate art, design and textiles practice demonstrating an understanding of purpose, meaning and context.
- Use art, design and textiles skills to develop ideas through sustained investigations and exploration, selecting and using materials, processes and resources, identifying and interpreting relationships and analysing methods and outcomes.
- Present a personal and informed response, realising intentions and showing connections with the work of others.
Recommended general websites
Institute of International Visual Arts - www.iniva.org
Getty Museum - www.getty.edu
Museum of Modern Art New York - www.moma.org
Guggenheim Museums Worldwide - www.guggenheim.org
Crafts Council UK —www.craftscouncil.org
Photographers’ V & A Museum - www.vam.ac.uk.
Exam Board : Edexcel
Textile Design9 TEO
Unit 1: Coursework project (50% of AS Level)
Unit 2: Externally set project including an exam (50% AS)
Unit 3: Coursework project including written personal study (60% of A2)
Unit 4: Externally set project including exam (40% of full A2)
Head of subject: Mrs A Hearne
Grade 6 in an Art subject
Are you interested in: Fashion and clothing, Surface pattern, Colour and shape?
Leading to a career in: Interior Design, Fashion Design, Costume Design, Clothing Industry, Buyer for retail outfit, Textiles and Surface Design, Architecture, Photographer, Set Design
This subject goes well with: Any subject!
“Textiles has encouraged me to embrace a love of colour and pattern. I have also learned how to construct garments.”