Results from previous years
The strong partnerships of students, parents, staff and governors working together have enabled Holmer Green Senior School to produce some truly excellent results this year.
GCSE – Year 11
- 68% of students achieved 5 GCSE grades at 9-4 including English and Maths
- 17% of grades were 9-7 – this includes 41 top grade 9’s.
- 32% of all grades were 9-6
- Over 25% of grades were 9-7 in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Art, Photography and RS.
- Over 75% of grades were 9-4 in English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Art, Music, Photography and RS
- Percentage of students achieving a grade 5 or above in GSE English and maths: 49%
- P8: +0.41
- Attainment 8 Score: 49.2
- Percentage of students entered for Ebacc: 48%
- Percentage of students staying in education or employment after KS4: 99%
Progress 8 score: +0.41
Percentage of pupils entering the English Baccalaureate (EBacc): 42%
Pupil destinations - percentage of students staying in education or employment after key stage 4: 99%
Attainment in English and maths - percentage of pupils achieving a grade 5 or above in GCSE English and maths: 49%
Attainment 8 score: 49.2
A-Level – Year 13
- In the A-Level subjects, 11% of grades were A* compared to the national average of 8%
- 34% of grades were A*-A compared to the national average of 26%
- 56% of grades were A*-B with 83% being A*-C (9% higher than the National Average).
- In Mathematics, 70% of students achieved A*-B grades, 11% above the national average.
- In the Art & Design subjects 10 students (40%) achieved A* grades, well over triple the national average of 12%.
- The overall pass rate at A Level was 100% (grades being A*-E).
- 97% of students who applied through UCAS received a place at their 1st/reserve choice university.
- University destinations included prestigious Russell Group universities such as LSE, Manchester, Exeter, Cardiff, Leeds, Birmingham
- Progress score for:
- A-Level: +0.38
- Academic qualifications: +0.38
- Applied general qualifications: +0.05
- Attainment: Average Grade and average Point Score per entry:
- A-Level: B- 38.17
- Academic: B 34.47
- Applied General: Distinction: 31.03
- English and mathematics progress:
- English average progress: 100% (1 student)
- Maths average progress: 100% (2 students)
- Retention: % of students who are retained to the end of their main programmes of study:
- A-Level: 96.4%
- Academic: 96.4%
- Applied general: 90.5%
- Destinations: 2017 data (47 students):
- Students staying in education: 60%
- Students entering apprenticeships: 0%
- Students entering employment: 26%
- Students not in education or employment for at least 2 terms after study: 11%
- Destination unknown: 4%