What are STEAM Scholarships?
The HGSS STEAM Scholarships are a new and unique opportunity for students who are aiming high for a professional career. STEAM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths, and our Science, Technology, Art and Maths Departments are thriving at HGSS.
Students who wish to attend HGSS Sixth Form, should apply separately, and be studying the appropriate courses for a career in the following:
- Medicine (Biology, Chemistry and Maths or Physics)
- Computer Science (Computing, Maths, Physics)
- Engineering (Maths, Chemistry, Physics)
- Architecture (Maths, Art, Physics)
- Investment Banking (Maths, Further Maths, Business or Economics)
What will the Scholarships offer me?
A Scholarship in these areas will offer you:
- Funding to cover your textbooks in all qualifying courses
- A career related mentor and
- A place on a career related internship programme or relevant work experience
The Young Professionals Internship Programmes give students an immersive experience of Medicine, Computer Science, Engineering, Architecture and Investment banking through a series of role-plays, seminars, simulations and Q&A sessions led by a group of professionals over 2 days. Attendance will give you an edge over other aspiring candidates in the race for the best jobs and a ‘super-curricular’ experience to add to your UCAS applications.
Students wishing to apply should:
- Apply to HGSS Sixth Form using the usual procedure (please see the school website for the application form)
In addition students should:
- Be predicted to achieve the entry requirements for 3 appropriate courses for their chosen career.
- Write a letter of application expressing why they wish to pursue their chosen career and why they should be considered for the Scholarship in question.
- Attend an additional Interview with our Scholarship panel.
Scholarship applications should be addressed to Mrs Golding and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to Holmer Green Senior School.
Applications close on Friday 14th February 2021